GSoC 2017 - Project Summary
On May 5, 2017 I got selected as a GSoC 2017 participant under openSUSE . I contributed to the Open Source project Jangouts under the program during from May 29, 2017 to August 29, 2017. This post summarises my contributions to the project throughout this GSoC.
What I've done?
Following is the list of my contributions before GSoC official coding period.
- Solved a bug which was stopping Jangouts client from reading config values.
- Added support for changing username during a conference.
- Added support for PIN protected rooms.
- Added cross-browser Fullscreen video support in Jangouts.
The title of my GSoC project is - Intergrate callstats.io into Jangouts . Following is the list of my contributions during GSoC official coding period.
Part 1: Intergration of callstats.io service into Jangouts.
Part 2: Intergration of callstats.io service into Janus-gateway.
Here are some important points for what's left TODO.
- Complete the C-based callstats event handler for Janus
- Add threads support to send User Alive event to callstats.io
- Parse the SDP received from events to extract SSRC values
- Correlate the data from received events and database and use callstats_send_stats for sending stats
- Add origin_id support for the project (see callstats REST API)
- Compile the event handler library with Janus-gateway
- You can refer Node Prototype for info. We're simply doing the same thing in C.